Although a braided beard dates back to the era of Vikings, it seems that it has never been so popular as nowadays. Not only does it look neater and tidier than a classic loose beard, but it also creates a masculine and stylish appearance. Besides, it is extremely versatile, as you can braid absolutely any facial hair style, from a mustache to goatee. And the number of ways to do it is endless. Ready to nail beard braiding? Wait no longer to study our guide.
How To Braid A Beard
If this is your first time braiding a beard, then it is better to start with a basic technique. As soon as you master it, you can move on to more elaborate beard braids. So, here is how to braid beard:
- Grow your beard until it is 3-4 inches long, full and patchless.
- Wash your facial hair with a special beard shampoo and apply a conditioner.
- Soak in excess water with a towel and massage a beard oil into your hair on the face.
- Comb it with a beard comb to get rid of knots and tangles and divide the beard into three even strands – left, right and middle.
- Place the right strand over the middle strand and then place the left strand over the newly created middle strand.
- Continue until you either reach the desired length or there is no hair left.
- Tie the beard braid with a clear elastic band.
How To Grow Beard Long:
To braid beard, you need to grow it out first. So, here is how you can aid this process:
- Shampoo and condition your beard once in 3-4 days.
- Comb the hair on your face using a comb with thin teeth regularly.
- Moisturize the beard with a beard oil.
- Cut the hairs that stick out with the help of sharp scissors.
- Abandon shaving your facial hair except for the cheek and neck area so that you maintain a neat appearance.
- Keep the length of the beard even by trimming it slightly.
Beard Braiding Tips
Sometimes, simply learning how to braid your beard is not enough. To make sure you get the best result possible, follow the next tips:
- To ensure your beard is nourished not only from the outside but inside as well, your diet should be rich in proteins, minerals and vitamins.
- Maintain good hygiene of your facial hair by washing it a couple of times per week.
- Apply a beard oil to your beard, which will moisturize it and keep dryness, itchiness and dandruff at bay.
- Do not pull or tie the beard too hard and generally handle it with care.
Feel free to play around with various braided beard styles.
Braided Beard Styles
Now that you know everything about growing and braiding beards, it is time to explore the trendiest beard braid styles.
Long Braided Beard
Want to know how to braid your beard like a Viking? Here is a great option. To recreate this stately Viking beard braid, take care to grow your facial hair really long.
Short Braided Beard
Yet, to pull off the look, you do not have to wait for ages until your beard is long enough. Wondering how to braid a short beard? A goatee braid is your way out.
Although a braided beard already looks very eye catching, you can take it to a new level by opting for a forked braided goatee.
Fishtail Braid Beard
The fishtail Viking beard braid only seems elaborate. With a bit of practice, you will be able to get it in a blink of an eye.
Did you think that you can only wear a bun on your head? Then we are here to prove you wrong. A beard bun is an upgraded take on a beard ponytail, which has been trending lately.
A braided beard is a trendy alternative for those who have got a bit tired of their regular facial hair style. It provides a clean silhouette with a lot of attitude. If you have not tried it yet, then we literally have no idea what you are waiting for.